An IP camera tends to be a device or an application used for streaming video footage over the internet. It is a network camera application that permits you to observe the occurrences or events around the installed wireless cameras to any extent. After setting up the device, you can video chat or live stream using the internet. It also permits you to view the video playback on any video viewing platform in any browser or the most commonly used VLC player platform. IP Webcam application helps to turn your android phone into a wireless webcam.
IP Webcam for PC is free to use and you can download it on your windows laptop easily. In this article, we would share a step-by-step procedure to download IP Webcam on your PC. By following this method, you can install IP webcam app on Windows 10, Windows 8.1 & 8 and Windows 7 laptops or PCs.
- 1 Features of IP Webcam for PC/windows
- 2 IP Webcam For PC/Laptop On Windows 10 or Windows 8.1/8
Features of IP Webcam for PC/windows
- Economical to download and use.
- Record Videos in different formats like MKV, or MOV, WebM, MPEG4, etc.
- You can upload videos to Dropbox, SFTP, FTP and Email using the Filoader plugin.
- Like the video recording, the audio streaming can also be done in various formats like AAC, opus, and wav.
- You can playback the videos anytime you want to.
- Additional facilities like the adjusting of brightness, zoom in or out, motion detection, sound detection, night vision, autofocus, etc., are present in this application.
- Mobile data, which is one of the paid features, will allow you to view the webcam from anywhere.
- Two-way audio communication.
IP Webcam For PC/Laptop On Windows 10 or Windows 8.1/8
As we know, IP Webcam is an android app, so you might be wondering there is no direct way to install this app on windows pc/laptop.
Here, in this article, we share a step-by-step procedure with the help of which you will be able to install IP Webcam on your PC. IP Webcam can be easily downloaded and installed on a computer with the help of software known as an emulator. With an android emulator, you can quickly run the application on your PC. We will tell you about two different types of android emulators that can be used for this.
How to Install IP Webcam on PC/Laptop/Windows
To install the IP Webcam for Pc, you can follow any of the two procedures given below, but you need to follow them accurately. If you face any problems while installing this application, you can freely comment below.
Method 1: Install the IP Webcam using the android emulator, Bluestacks
- As already mentioned above, to install this app, firstly, you have to download the android emulator named Bluestacks.
- Once you have downloaded the software, you need to install it on your PC. You need to follow all the instructions presented on the screen, and after few minutes, the software will be installed.
- After the installation, click on the icon to set up the software.
- You have to open Google Play Store and on the search bar type ‘IP Webcam.’
- Look for the app you want and then click on install.
- Finally, after the app’s successful installation, click on IP Webcam icon present on the bluestacks home screen, and now you can start using the app on windows 7, 8, 10.
Method 2: Install the IP Webcam using the android emulator, NoxPlayer.
- Firstly, you have to download the android emulator app named NoxPlayer.
- Secondly, install the software on your PC.
- After the installation, You have to open Google Play Store and type’ IP Webcam on the search bar.’
- Look for the application from the results that have been displayed on the screen and then install it.
- When you have installed the application, open the app on the home screen of the NoxPlayer and start using the app.
IP Webcam Alternatives:
There are certain alternatives that are also available. Few of these are:
- Warden cam: It is a home security camera application that enables you to observe your homes when you are away.
- Alfred security camera: It allows you to observe and secure your homes with the help of a PC.
- Wyze cam: It enables you to monitor the happenings and control their security cameras.