Termux tends to be one of the powerful apps that emulate Linux OS on PCs and enables the use of Linux command lines. You will get a minimal base system that is upgradable by the APT package and that is possible by following the automatic installation of the app. It is an app that works directly and requires no rooting on devices. Termux is a secure app in that it gets access to remote servers via the SSH client. With the excellent terminal emulation and a vast collection of Linux packages, it’s simply amazing what you can get.
In this post, we will be sharing step-by-step methods with you all on how to install and download the Termux pc app. By following this method, you can install the Termux for Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7 PC.
Features of Termux for PC/windows
- Easy to use
- Best for ethical hacking
- Supports keyboard shortcuts
- It has full mouse support
- It compiles code with Clang and GCC
- By nano and vim, files can be edited
- Availability of Bash and ZSH
- Use of GIT and SVN to check out projects
- Python console as a calculator
- Frotz to run test based games
Termux For PC/Laptop On Windows 10 or Windows 8.1/8
This application has been specially created for androids, so you might be wondering there is no direct way to install this app on windows pc/Mac.
In this guide, we will be sharing a step-by-step procedure by which you will install Termux on your PC. Termux can be easily downloaded and installed on a computer with the software Termux. With an android emulator, you can quickly run the application on your PC/Mac- windows.
How to install Termux on PC/Laptop/Windows
There are two methods of downloading and installing the app on your PC. Follow any of the procedures given below to download the Termux on PC. If you face any problems, feel free to comment below.
Method 1: Install the Termux using the android emulator, Bluestacks
- To install the Termux on PC, you have to download the Bluestacks android emulator and install it.
- Once you’ve downloaded blue stacks on your PC, you need to open the file and install bluestacks on your PC.
- Once it is installed, click on the BlueStacks icon on your desktop to launch the Emulator.
- Open Google play store in Bluestacks and search for Termux.
- Find the Termux and Click on Install.
- Hurray! You’ve successfully installed the Termux on your pc.
Method 2: Install the Termux using the android emulator, NoxPlayer
- To install Termux on PC, you have to download NoxPlayer and install it.
- Once you’ve downloaded NoxPlayer on your PC, you need to open the file and install NoxPlayer on your PC.
- Once it is installed, click on the NoxPlayer icon on your desktop to launch the Emulator.
- Open Google play store in NoxPlayer and search for the Termux.
- Find the Termux pc app and Click on Install.
- Hurray! You’ve successfully installed the Termux for pc.
Alternatives for Termux
ConnectBot is an open-source Secure Shell (SSH) client that simultaneously manages SSH sessions, creates secure tunnels, etc. The servers basically run on UNIX-based servers with the ultimate goal of using shells on remote machines and transfer files. Its SSH2 standard encryption serves to make command and data secure.
- Linux Deploy
This app is a reversible android emulator that enables the use of Linux OS on Android devices. This app allows the users to operate many Linux files, including Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.
- Script Manager
This is a free Android app that doubles as a multi-support emulator and script editor. Its vast functionality permits the users to run scripts at boot-up, organize cron jobs, etc. It also provides many other features like a root explorer, multi-tab browser, and file manager.
You can use the Termux pc app to combine powerful terminal emulation with an extensive Linux package collection. If you face any problem with the installation of the app, then comment below.